Sunday, July 24, 2011

Wild Turkey Family Out for a Stroll...

I was sitting on my deck this morning, reading a magazine, when I heard a "clucking" noise.  One of the turkeys that has been hanging around the complex the last four or five months was, apparently, parenting the nine "turkey-lets" that were born about a month ago. 

After trying to locate her on the ground, I realized that she was in a tree across from my deck.  I then noticed that the remining nine turkey chicks were also in several of the trees nearby.

After about 10 minutes of clucking and cheeping back and forth, they all flew down and started wandering around the yard.  I then noticed that the two males and the other female were also in the yard...just "hanging out".






Here's a REALLY grainy video of their wanderings...


It's AWESOME to live close to a wooded patch of land.  In addition to the turkeys, we also have deer, coyotes, and any number of rabbits, squirrels, and birds...right here in the middle of Eagan!

Here's hoping YOU are able to enjoy nature where you live too!!!

No comments: